Transition year is a one year programme between Junior Cert and Leaving Cert . It is designed to act as a bridge between the two by facilitating the smooth transition from the more dependent learning of the junior cycle to the more independent self directed learning required for the senior cycle.
Approximately 70%-75% of all post primary schools offer Transition year.t
Do you think it should be a compulsory option in all schools ? yes or no .....Why ?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think transition year should be optional. I think it is a fantastic resource but families and students should be able to choose whether they want to spend another year in the school system
ReplyDeleteLouise
ReplyDeletereally great blog and links and I love the graphics and overall look of the blog.
I am in favour of compulsory TY so that all students are equally prepared for the LC learning style. It also gives space to think about and explore career options